[Spiritual Measurement posts help you examine yourself. They highlight Scriptural benchmarks that assist in seeing and hearing Him by His Spirit.]
Faith comes by His Presence. Faith comes by hearing Him.
- “And He said to her, Daughter, your faith has made you whole; go in peace, and be whole from your plague.” Mark 5:34
- “And Jesus said to him, Go your way; your faith has made you whole. And immediately he received his sight, and followed Jesus in the way.” Mark 10:52
- “And He said to the woman, Your faith has saved you; go in peace.” Luke 7:50
- “And He said to her, Daughter, be of good comfort: your faith has made you whole; go in peace.” Luke 8:48
- “And He said to him, Arise, go your way: your faith has made you whole.” Luke 17:19
- “So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by The Word of God [Christ is The Ultimate Word of God, John 1:1, 1 John 1:1] .” Romans 10:17
“Yeah, but He isn’t here anymore!”
No longer in the flesh – yes, that’s true.
But you’re no longer to look at Him that way, nor each other.
“Therefore from now on we know no man after the flesh: yes, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now from now on we know Him in that way no more.” 2 Corinthians 5:16
You have no faith when you do not recognize His Presence.
No Presence means no help, for you need Him in your struggles.
You need Him telling you He loves you right where you are at that moment, even in temptation.
Nothing changes for you until you spiritually return His embrace and acknowledge your love for Him.
True relationship with Him can only be intensely personal.
Together is the only way you get through.
A distant, separate God in your thinking does not engender faith.
But He is not elsewhere.
He’s craving with an intense, holy desire that you see and hear Him.
If you don’t know Him this way, He is not real to you, not real(ly) in your thoughts and not real(ly) in your belief.
He is always believing, but if He’s only in heaven in your thinking, you’ve separated yourself from The Source of your to-be-shared faith.
“If we do not believe, He remains believing: He cannot deny Himself.” 2 Timothy 2:13
Your Source of faith, hope, and love Is Christ alone.
A personal relationship without His indwelling Presence is an oxymoron.
Such a relationship will never engender faith, for you’ve separated yourself from The Source, The Vine.
“I Am the Vine, you are the branches. He who remains in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit. For without Me, you can do nothing.” John 15:5
Once mankind only knew His physical Presence.
Now we know His indwelling us, Christ’s penultimate revelation to Paul.
We live by sharing His faith.
“I am crucified with Christ [my old self]: nevertheless I live; no, it is not I [not just I, nor only my new self ‘I’], but Christ lives in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by The Son of God’s faith, Who loved me, and gave Himself for me.” Galatians 2:20
See Also: What is Biblical Saving Faith?